- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 4 cups sliced apples (granny smiths are good)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sliced apples with sugar& flour add water, syrup and vanilla and cook over med heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour,oats, brown sugar& spices add melted butter.
- Press 1/2 of mixture to the bottom of 8X8 dish.
- Top with apple/syrup and top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.