This is a delicious spring or summertime dessert. You can also prepare in a trifle bowl with multiple layers. I have found that I must double the amount of cream layer and strawberries for a trifle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Tear angel food cake into chunks and layer in bottom of 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- 3Fold in whipped topping.
- 4Spread over chunks of angel food cake to form 2nd layer.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine Jello, sugar and 1/2 cup water or strawberry juice.
- 6Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water; stir into gelatin mixture.
- 7Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- 8Stir in strawberries to coat all slices; cool.
- 9Spread on top of cream layer.
- 10Chill until served.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Angel Food and Strawberry Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.9
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 368.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g