Recipe by Ms B.
This is a delicious spring or summertime dessert. You can also prepare in a trifle bowl with multiple layers. I have found that I must double the amount of cream layer and strawberries for a trifle.
- 1 purchased angel food cake
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 177.44 ml powdered sugar
- 226.79 g container whipped topping
- 85.04 g package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water or 236.59 ml strawberry juice, divided
- 59.16 ml cornstarch
- 946.36 ml sliced strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear angel food cake into chunks and layer in bottom of 9x13-inch glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over chunks of angel food cake to form 2nd layer.
- In a small saucepan, combine Jello, sugar and 1/2 cup water or strawberry juice.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining water; stir into gelatin mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in strawberries to coat all slices; cool.
- Spread on top of cream layer.
- Chill until served.