1/1 Photo of Layered Almond-Cream Cheese Bread Pudding With Amaretto Cream Sa
1 hr 40 mins
A rich, decadent bread pudding from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces white bread, sliced and divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 9 large eggs, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1/4 cups almond filling
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tablespoons almond filling
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
Amaretto Cream Sauce
- 1Coat a 13- x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Arrange 4 1/2 bread slices in bottom of prepared pan, cutting slices as necessary to fit pan.
- 2Beat cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread half of cream cheese mixture over bread.
- 3Whisk together 1 1/4 cups almond filling and 1/2 cup melted butter. Spread half of almond mixture over cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers once, using 4 1/2 bread slices, remaining cream cheese mixture, and remaining almond mixture.
- 4Cut remaining bread slices into 1-inch cubes, sprinkle evenly over almond mixture.
- 5Whisk together remaining 8 eggs, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla, half-and-half, and salt; pour over bread cubes. Cover and chill 30 minutes or until most of egg mixture is absorbed.
- 6Whisk together remaining 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons almond filling, 2 tablespoons sugar, and egg yolk until blended. Drizzle evenly over bread pudding; sprinkle with almonds.
- 7Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until set. Serve warm or chilled with Amaretto Cream Sauce.
- 8Combine amaretto and cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- 9Cook cream in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, just until bubbles appear; gradually stir in amaretto mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and boil, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Layered Almond-Cream Cheese Bread Pudding With Amaretto Cream Sa
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.3
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 274.2 mg
- Sodium 488.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: