Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Lebanese recipe, but it's enjoyed through out the middle east. Its a nice mix between a semolina pudding and a creamy topping. Most people top with nuts, but I like it better with toasted coconut. You be the judge. * Note: Nestle cream comes in a can and can be found usually at middle eastern or hispanic stores, if you cannot find it, just omit it, if will not effect the end result drastically.
- Make the attar ahead of time.
- Combine the water and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil, let boil for about 3 minutes and set aside.
- Combine the whip cream with the nestle cream, gentle folding in, then once well combined put it back into the refridgerator.
- Pour 4 cups of milk into a medium pot, add vanilla and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, and add farina very slowly while stirring, so to avoid clumps.
- Stir while milk and farina cooks, which will take about 5 minutes.
- Place into small bowls, and let cool.
- Once cooled, pour about 2 -3 tablespoons of syrup on top of pudding.
- Then spoon about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of whip cream mix onto pudding evenly.
- Then top with toasted coconut.
- You can enjoy it then or place in the fridge for later.