chef FIFI's Note:
This is a Lebanese recipe, but it's enjoyed through out the middle east. Its a nice mix between a semolina pudding and a creamy topping. Most people top with nuts, but I like it better with toasted coconut. You be the judge. * Note: Nestle cream comes in a can and can be found usually at middle eastern or hispanic stores, if you cannot find it, just omit it, if will not effect the end result drastically.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces whipped cream (extra creamy)
- 5 ounces Nestle cream
- toasted coconut
- 1Make the attar ahead of time.
- 2Combine the water and sugar in a small pot and bring to a boil, let boil for about 3 minutes and set aside.
- 3Combine the whip cream with the nestle cream, gentle folding in, then once well combined put it back into the refridgerator.
- 4Pour 4 cups of milk into a medium pot, add vanilla and sugar.
- 5Bring to a boil, and add farina very slowly while stirring, so to avoid clumps.
- 6Stir while milk and farina cooks, which will take about 5 minutes.
- 7Place into small bowls, and let cool.
- 8Once cooled, pour about 2 -3 tablespoons of syrup on top of pudding.
- 9Then spoon about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of whip cream mix onto pudding evenly.
- 10Then top with toasted coconut.
- 11You can enjoy it then or place in the fridge for later.
Nutritional Facts for Layali Libnan
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.6
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 110.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 60.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: