Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
From Top Secret Recipes www.topsecretrecipes.com.
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground oregano
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- To prepare the meat filling for the tacos as described on the original package instructions: In large skillet, brown 1 pound ground beef until crumbly; drain fat.
- Add spices& seasoning and 2/3 cup water; mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and cook, uncovered, 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon meat filling into warmed taco shells or tortillas.
- Top with shredded lettuce, grated cheddar cheese and chopped tomato.
- Use fresh salsa and guacamole if desired.
Great recipe - tastes authentic. Slight suggestion- I added a little dry tomato bouillon and it boosted the flavor a bit. I highly recommended it.
This was easy to put together with all ingredients I had on hand. I used it as the taco seasoning required in the Sombrero Pasta Salad recipe.
Was grounded at home and wanted tacos something fierce. I am an absolute user/consumer of Lawrys Taco Season mix. All I can say is, this recipe is PERFECT! It hit the mark right on the head. Trust me, I would know! I put my reputation as Taco Queen on the line for this one! Great Job! I will not have to buy another package of seasoning mix again.