Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
My reverse-engineered recipe for Lawry's Seasoned Salt, originally marketed as a seasoning rub for ribs before barbecuing.
- NOTE: I RECOMMEND USING MORTON POPCORN SALT AND TRADEWINDS BRAND GROUND CELERY SALT, BOTH SOLD AT SMART & FINAL. THERE WILL BE A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT COLOR RESULT FROM LAWRY'S BRAND DUE TO THE ABSENCE OF OLEORESIN, A COLORING AGENT.
- MEASURE all BASE MIXTURE ingredients into a small bowl.
- COMBINE until well blended.
- ADD all HERBS AND SPICES ingredients to BASE MIXTURE in bowl.
- STIR and press with a fork for at least 2 minutes to release and infuse the essences between the spices.
- STORE spice mixture in a tightly sealed container to preserve freshness (spice mixture actually improves after 30 days and becomes even more authentic due to the infusion between all of the herbs and spices).
- ENJOY as a seasoning for your favorite foods.
You really are a spice guru! Thanks, I use Lawry's on everything and ran out this morning! Needed some right away for my eggs! This whips up quick (except for the superfine sugar which I had to make because I don't keep it on hand) and our breakfast was a success. Thanks, it will be my go-to now , rather than going to the store! Very nice!
Just made up my second batch, and didn't have enough regular paprika so I substituted 3/4 tablespoons of "smoked", It was very nice, and I will probably do it this way again. It just seems that I am running out of room for all these spices!!!!
This is so close to Lawrys I couldn't tell the difference. I didn't know it was for ribs. I'll add this to my ribs next time I barbecue.
Found out I'm allergic to MSG so having to make my own seasonings now. Ur a genious! We doubled the recipe and used garlic salt & onion salt instead of powders, then processed in my Ninja Food processor on high for 3 minutes! Thank you so much! Christina