My reverse-engineered recipe for Lawry's Seasoned Salt, originally marketed as a seasoning rub for ribs before barbecuing.
- NOTE: I RECOMMEND USING MORTON POPCORN SALT AND TRADEWINDS BRAND GROUND CELERY SALT, BOTH SOLD AT SMART & FINAL. THERE WILL BE A SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT COLOR RESULT FROM LAWRY'S BRAND DUE TO THE ABSENCE OF OLEORESIN, A COLORING AGENT.
- MEASURE all BASE MIXTURE ingredients into a small bowl.
- COMBINE until well blended.
- ADD all HERBS AND SPICES ingredients to BASE MIXTURE in bowl.
- STIR and press with a fork for at least 2 minutes to release and infuse the essences between the spices.
- STORE spice mixture in a tightly sealed container to preserve freshness (spice mixture actually improves after 30 days and becomes even more authentic due to the infusion between all of the herbs and spices).
- ENJOY as a seasoning for your favorite foods.