Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Haven't tried this yet sounded good so I thought I'd post it here.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon citric acid (I use Morton limon salt)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients except Tabasco sauce in small bowl.
- Add Tabasco sauce stir well then spread mixture onto plate and let dry overnight.
- Then use a mortar and pestle or spice grinder to grind down spice to fine blend.
i got this recipe from todd wilbur last week and put it together. it is really good and tastes just like the original. thanks for saving me the trouble of posting it. it is a very good condiment.
This is a good seasoning blend, but I really had a hard time getting this to dry out after the addition of the Tabasco sauce. It has been humid so perhaps that's part of the problem. I think next time I might just omit the Tabasco.