Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 40 mins
From the original Lawry's The Prime Rib on La Cienaga Blvd. in Beverly Hills. An elegant way to serve your prime rib roast. I'll also post the horseradish recipe. Adjust cooking time for amount of meat.
- 1 (4 lb) standing rib roast (4-rib)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 (5 lb) bag rock salt
- Sprinkle fatty cap of roast with seasoned salt to your taste.
- In heavy roasting pan, spread rock salt evenly over bottom; place wire roasting rack on top of salt.
- Place the roast on rack, fatty side up. Make sure no salt actually touches the beef.
- Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of meat, making sure it does not touch a bone.
- Roast in preheated 350 degrees F. oven until thermometer registers 130 degrees F. for rare, 140 degrees F. for medium or approximately 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Using a sharp carving knife, slice meat across the grain for serving.
- Discard rock salt.
- Serve with Lawry's Whipped Cream Horseradish.