1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Zeph's Wife's Note:
From the original Lawry's The Prime Rib on La Cienaga Blvd. in Beverly Hills. An elegant way to serve your prime rib roast. I'll also post the horseradish recipe. Adjust cooking time for amount of meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 lb) standing rib roast (4-rib)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 (5 lb) bag rock salt
- 1Sprinkle fatty cap of roast with seasoned salt to your taste.
- 2In heavy roasting pan, spread rock salt evenly over bottom; place wire roasting rack on top of salt.
- 3Place the roast on rack, fatty side up. Make sure no salt actually touches the beef.
- 4Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of meat, making sure it does not touch a bone.
- 5Roast in preheated 350 degrees F. oven until thermometer registers 130 degrees F. for rare, 140 degrees F. for medium or approximately 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
- 6Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- 7Using a sharp carving knife, slice meat across the grain for serving.
- 8Discard rock salt.
- 9Serve with Lawry's Whipped Cream Horseradish.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lawry's Prime Rib Roast
Serving Size: 1 (0 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.2
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 66.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 163.3 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
standing rib roast