- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups canned whole kernel corn (or fresh or frozen is okay)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add flour and salt, stirring to blend.
- Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add sugar and corn, heat.
- For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.