Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For those of you who have eaten at Lawry's Prime Rib restaurant, you know they have not only the best prime rib, but the best creamed corn!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups canned whole kernel corn (or fresh or frozen is okay)
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Add flour and salt, stirring to blend.
- Slowly add whipping cream, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add sugar and corn, heat.
- For Au Gratin creamed corn, place corn in a 9 or 10 inch shallow casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and brown under broiler.
A gut buster. Ya make me want more...and more...and more. Made for Farm Cooking Tag.
My husband loves the restaurant's creamed corn, and he claimed that this recipe's corn is practically spot on and he would like this served everytime we eat steak. Thank you for posting .
I accidentally clicked 'no' on the first review when it was actually very helpful! We had eaten at Lawry's and my hubby ordered the prime rib w/ the creamed corn on the side. I hate creamed corn and don't eat much meat so I ordered the eggplant parm. Well, I hated it, so, in hunger and frustration, I started picking food off my husbands plate. (classy, I know). The moral is that their creamed corn was not only delicious, it was amazing!! So much so that I had to see if I could re-create it. My hubby said is was as good if not better! Yeah!! If you don't like creamed corn, please try this, I have been reformed and will make this many times!! I know this is a novel, but this is my story. Hope it helps and God Bless All!!