Recipe by crazycookinmama
This recipe comes from the BOILIN' N BAKIN' IN BOOGER HOLLOW, A Country Cookbook. I'm going to put the recipe in the same words as in the cookbook. It just wouldn't be a Booger Hollow recipe if it wasn't.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (Bakin' Powders)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons shortening (Shortnin')
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (Sodie)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift everthang together that's siftable.
- Now cut in yo shortnin.
- Blend in the milk to make dough soft.
- Dump the dough on sump'n that's got flour on it 'N play around wid hit fur bout a minute. Roll hit out, then cut wid a glass 'R sump'n.
- Bake at bout 475° fur round 10 minute on an ungreased pan.