Recipe by Chef Sunshine
This soup is so tasty, and is best eaten on a cold day with a side of bread to go with it. You can heighten the subtle flavors of this soup with a splash of lemon juice. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups red lentils
- 1 white onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the contents completely.
- Bring to a boil and continue to add water slowly as needed to control consistency.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and serve hot with a splash of fresh lemon juice and your choice of bread.