Top Review by londongavchick
Wonderful on strawberry shortcake. I used lavender sugar (1 cup sugar put in blender with 2 tbsp lavender flowers) to up the lavender fragrance a bit. Very appropriate for spring!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan combine whipping cream and dried lavender. Bring to just a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain mixture and discard lavender.
- Cover and chill whipped cream mixture at least 2 hours or until completely chilled.
- In a chilled metal mixing bowl beat whipping cream and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed, beating just until soft peaks form. Use at once or cover and chill up to 2 hours.
- Makes 16 (2 tablespoon) servings.