Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Delicious served with fresh berries or ontop of a fresh butter cake (Butter Cake). Can be prepared a day ahead. From BHG. Enjoy!
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- In a small saucepan combine whipping cream and dried lavender. Bring to just a simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain mixture and discard lavender.
- Cover and chill whipped cream mixture at least 2 hours or until completely chilled.
- In a chilled metal mixing bowl beat whipping cream and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed, beating just until soft peaks form. Use at once or cover and chill up to 2 hours.
- Makes 16 (2 tablespoon) servings.
Wonderful on strawberry shortcake. I used lavender sugar (1 cup sugar put in blender with 2 tbsp lavender flowers) to up the lavender fragrance a bit. Very appropriate for spring!