Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious, light, experimental recipe I created. These are a good spring or summer cookie. For the lavender-vanilla sugar, I used --Rita--'s awesome recipe. (http://www.recipezaar.com/Lavender-Sugar-With-Vanilla-101039)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup lavender-vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten (with a fork)
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon, zest from 1
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground lavender
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs - make sure butter, sugar, and eggs are completely blended.
- Stir in vanilla seeds and vanilla extract.
- Fold in lemon juice and zest.
- Gradually stir in lavender, make sure to mix well.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar and slowly mix into wet mixture.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- On a fully prepped cookie sheet, drop cookies by the spoonful about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes.
Member's raved about this cookie for Spring PAC so I felt compelled to make this, since I adore baking with lavender so much. I agree with all three reviewers: a stellar little biscuit that is light-as-a-feather and delicately flavoured with both lemon and lavender. Also used the aforementioned Lavender/Vanilla Sugar; I love that they are not dense or overly sweet. I'm making a second batch, immediately, as a Thank You gift for a dear friend. :)
Made for PAC 2010. Light and a great flavor. These were great. I made these for the lady I good for. She is having company tomorrow night. I did keep some of course. Followed it to a tee but did use Rita's Lavender Sugar with vanilla. Mine took around 12-13, but that is baking. Everyone's ovens and pans are different. Very very good. I definitely saved this on my list. Kim
Took your suggestion (& Tink's!) & made Rita's Lavender Sugar With Vanilla, with flowers provided by a good friend of mine! Then I followed your recipe right on down & we were treated to some OUTSTANDING COOKIES! I did gift half of them to my flower-providing friend, but other than that, we somehow managed to consume them right here at home! Definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed for an adoptee in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]