Recipe by salad savior
A delicious, light, experimental recipe I created. These are a good spring or summer cookie. For the lavender-vanilla sugar, I used --Rita--'s awesome recipe. (http://www.recipezaar.com/Lavender-Sugar-With-Vanilla-101039)
Top Review by The_Swedish_Chef
Member's raved about this cookie for Spring PAC so I felt compelled to make this, since I adore baking with lavender so much. I agree with all three reviewers: a stellar little biscuit that is light-as-a-feather and delicately flavoured with both lemon and lavender. Also used the aforementioned Lavender/Vanilla Sugar; I love that they are not dense or overly sweet. I'm making a second batch, immediately, as a Thank You gift for a dear friend. :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup lavender-vanilla sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten (with a fork)
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- lemon, zest from 1
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground lavender
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs - make sure butter, sugar, and eggs are completely blended.
- Stir in vanilla seeds and vanilla extract.
- Fold in lemon juice and zest.
- Gradually stir in lavender, make sure to mix well.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar and slowly mix into wet mixture.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- On a fully prepped cookie sheet, drop cookies by the spoonful about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 375 for approximately 10 minutes.