1/2 Photos of Lavender Vanilla Bath Salts
Escape into tranquillity and pamper yourself and give to friends that need to unwind. Epsom salts will soothe tired muscles, while gently softening the water for a luxurious bath experience. Glycerin a skin moisturizer can be found at health food stores, some drug stores, or major department stores depending on where you live. Its also available on the Internet. I used Epsom, salt but feel free to use Sea and or Kosher Salt. I made this for my DD's Bridal shower as favors. I upped the recipe to 20 pound of salts. Placed yellow and blue (wedding colors) salts in 50 wine glasses topping with plasic wrap which you can't see and then topped with satin trimmed toule held on with thank you ribbon. Optional: I also placed whole vanilla pods with some salt in a coffee grinder till fine. The aroma's are heavenly!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs epsom salts
- 1/2 lb baking soda (softens your skin)
- 1/4 cup glycerin (glycerin is an effective skin moisturizer and a nice addition) (optional)
- 1 -3 teaspoon lavender oil
- 1/2 cup dried lavender (optional)
- 1 vanilla beans (scraped of seeds) (optional) or 1 clear vanilla extract
- red food coloring, plus
- blue food coloring, to make lavender
- yellow food coloring
- 1Mix 1/2 the salt, 1/2 the baking soda with lavender oil and petals if using in a large bowl adding a couple drops of food coloring till you achieve the desired color.(More red then Blue will give you a lavender color or just use blue color).
- 2Mix 1/2 the salt, 1/2 the baking soda with vanilla seeds in a large bowl adding yellow food color till you achieve the desired color.
- 3All ingredient amounts can be changed to suit your tastes.
- 4Adjust the color or the scent is too strong, add more salts, if to mild in fragrance and color add more oil and food coloring. Keep in mind the stronger the scent the less you need to use in the tub. Store in clean clear pretty jars.
- 5Add a few 2-3 Tbs. to your next bath.
- 7Place the mixture into a jar and then fill with a good almond or jojoba oil and use as a body scrub.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Vanilla Bath Salts
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24842.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: