Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
August 2007 RR magazine. I was searching to find a recipe to re-create some I had at a lavender farm I visited at the beginning of the month in Hood River, Oregon over my anniversary. Let's try this one.
- 2 tablespoons lavender buds, organic preferred
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 lemons, juice of
- In a large saucepan, bring 7 cups water to a low boil.
- In a bowl, carefully pour 4 cups of the water over the lavender and let steep for 10 minutes before straining.
- Pour the remaining 3 cups water over the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Combine the lavender and sugar mixtures in a pitcher and stir in the lemon juice. Serve over the ice.
I love the lemonade! I think you must like lavender to enjoy this lemonade, and enjoy it I did! It has a pretty color too!