Recipe by sofie-a-toast
A soft, beautiful cookie. Perfect for a special springtime treat!
Top Review by Carol A.
Excellent! Everyone that tasted these fell in love with them, even those unsure of trying food with lavender in it. The texture is as perfect as you can get with these cookies, the lavender is not at all overwhelming, and they are just wonderful!
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 44.37 ml fresh lavender flowers (about 16 stems with flowers pulled off)
- 59.14 ml coarse sugar (colored is nice!)
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the sugar, butter, powdered sugar and canola oil.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the baking soda, cream of tartar, flour and lavender flowers.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a cup at a time.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Drop 1 or 2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Immediately after taking out, sprinkle sugar and lavendar flowers on top of each cookie.