A soft, beautiful cookie. Perfect for a special springtime treat!
Make and share this Lavender Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cream of tartar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 44.37 ml fresh lavender flowers (about 16 stems with flowers pulled off)
- 59.14 ml coarse sugar (colored is nice!)
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh lavender flowers
- Cream the sugar, butter, powdered sugar and canola oil.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the baking soda, cream of tartar, flour and lavender flowers.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a cup at a time.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Drop 1 or 2 inch balls onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
- Immediately after taking out, sprinkle sugar and lavendar flowers on top of each cookie.
Excellent! Everyone that tasted these fell in love with them, even those unsure of trying food with lavender in it. The texture is as perfect as you can get with these cookies, the lavender is not at all overwhelming, and they are just wonderful!
Definitely five stars! These cookies are wonderful, delicate little gems! I made them with gluten free cake and cookie flour mix, and they turned out perfect! Thanks so much for sharing.
Made for ZWT 8 / France.
What a great recipe, sofie! The lavender taste is just right and makes these cookies very special! I loved it! The dough was super easy to work with and dropping the cookies onto the sheet worked out nicely. I got 36 chunky cookies from the full recipe and the only thing I changed was to reduce the oil a tad. I used blueberry sugar to sprinkle on top, but sadly it didnt stay on that well. Ah well, the cookies disappeared super fast anyways and nobody really cared. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, sofie! Made and reviewed for PRMR April 2012.