Recipe by luzvi2007
I love to bake and I created this recipe a year ago, An aromatic sponge cake. With a lovely complement of lavender.
- 6 large eggs, separated and room temperature
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder in bowl; set aside.
- While in another large bowl, beat egg white and corn starch until meringue like but not stiff.
- Slowly add the sugar while beating. Then, add vanilla and the grapeseed oil.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and keep on whisking.
- Add the flour, dried lavender, salt and baking powder and continue in mixing.
- Line the 9 inches x 13 inches round cake pan with greasedproof paper and pour the mixtures, then bake in cold oven of 180C/156F/gas mark 4 for 1 hour or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with custard or vanilla ice cream.