Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
by Jim Long Chill time and churning time not estimated.
Make and share this Lavender Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- If using fresh lavender:.
- With thumb and forefinger, pull the flowers from the stems (discarding stems). If using dried lavender you won't need this step.
- Combine lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor and pulverize completely, about 1 minute.
- Bring the water to a boil, remove pan from heat and add the sugar/lavender mixture, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cover with a lid and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain out flowers through a sieve, pressing flowers to get out any remaining liquid.
- Add the lemon juice and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, then freeze in sorbet or ice cream mixer.