Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
by Jim Long Chill time and churning time not estimated.
Make and share this Lavender Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- If using fresh lavender:.
- With thumb and forefinger, pull the flowers from the stems (discarding stems). If using dried lavender you won't need this step.
- Combine lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor and pulverize completely, about 1 minute.
- Bring the water to a boil, remove pan from heat and add the sugar/lavender mixture, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cover with a lid and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain out flowers through a sieve, pressing flowers to get out any remaining liquid.
- Add the lemon juice and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, then freeze in sorbet or ice cream mixer.