Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the In Search of the Lost Taste cookbook.
Make and share this Lavender Soda recipe from Food.com.
- Bring to a boil sugar, water, lavender and ginger. Lower to a simmer and cook down for 20 minutes to 30 minutes, or until it begins to get a bit syrupy.
- Cool and strain, add vanilla.
- You may add a bit of violet or blue dye if you wish.
- Mix 1 to 3 lavender syrup to soda water over ice in highball glass.
- Garnish with lime and a few lavender flowers.
Very refreshing! Great flavors and easy to make. I have a Soda Stream machine, so just added the syrup to a bottle of the carbonated water. My dried lavender turned the syrup a light brown color and when I added blue dye, I got turquoise! But it still tasted great! Will do this again during summer when I have fresh lavender in the yard.