I found this in the Los Angeles Times Food Section. It sounds terrific. The recipe originated from the Akasha Restaurant in Culver City. Lavender blossoms can be found at Penzey's Spices in Torrance. (mail order too) Time does not include 2 hours chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, cream the butter with the sea salt, powdered sugar and lavender until light and fluffy.
- 2Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until combined, about 10 seconds. Fold in the flour by hand, mixing lightly just until incorporated and being careful not to over-mix.
- 3Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a log 9 inches long and 2 inches thick. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm enough to slice.
- 4Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Unwrap the log, and cut into one-fourth-inch slices. Place them on parchment-lined baking sheets, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until set (the cookies should not color).
- 5Cool the cookies (still on the pans) on a rack. Then dust lightly with powdered sugar. They will keep for a few days in a container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Shortbread (Akasha's)
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.0 mg
- Sodium 53.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms