This is untried by me and comes from The Herb Quarterly, spring 2000 issue. I love lavender!! Cook time includes estimated chill time of 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cream together butter, sugar, lavender and mint with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, cornstarch and salt and beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into two, flatten into discs, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Roll out dough to 1/2" thickness on a floured board.
- Cut into 1 1/2" squares or into rounds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes on parchment covered cookie sheets, or until golden.
- Let cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- When completely cool, dust with lavender-flavored powdered sugar (see recipe Lavender Sugar#71901 or Flavored Sugars#53926) or plain powdered sugar would be fine.