1/6 Photos of Lavender Shortbread
1 hr 15 mins
This is untried by me and comes from The Herb Quarterly, spring 2000 issue. I love lavender!! Cook time includes estimated chill time of 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Cream together butter, sugar, lavender and mint with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3Add flour, cornstarch and salt and beat until well mixed.
- 4Divide dough into two, flatten into discs, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- 5Roll out dough to 1/2" thickness on a floured board.
- 6Cut into 1 1/2" squares or into rounds.
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes on parchment covered cookie sheets, or until golden.
- 8Let cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- 9When completely cool, dust with lavender-flavored powdered sugar (see recipe Lavender Sugar#71901 or Flavored Sugars#53926) or plain powdered sugar would be fine.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (837 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2132.7
- Calories from Fat 1256
- Total Fat 139.5 g
- Saturated Fat 87.6 g
- Cholesterol 366.0 mg
- Sodium 1513.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 207.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 67.0 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: