Recipe by Just Call Me Martha
This is a wonderfully relaxing sea salt scrub because of the lavender scent. It is great for calming nerves, relieving stress and aiding in sleep. Almond Oil and Grapeseed Oil are light carrier oils that won't clog pores or leave your skin feeling too greasy, just smooth and moisturized. Most health food stores and some organic sections of major supermarkets carry these ingredients.
- 1⁄2 cup sea salt
- 1⁄3 cup sweet almond oil (or Grapeseed Oil or a mixture of both)
- 2 vitamin E, capsules
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender blossoms
- 8 drops lavender oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In small glass jar or container, place sea salt.
- Add Almond Oil, starting with 1/4 cup or so and adding more until reaching desired consistency.
- (When mixed well, it should be like a thick, oily paste.) Break open Vitamin E capsules and add the oil to salt mixture.
- Add lavender flowers and lavender essential oil to salt and oil mixture.
- Cover and let mixture sit for one hour.
- Remove cover and check scent.
- Add a few more drops of lavender essential oil if desired.
- Apply to dry or damp skin, massaging in circular motion.
- Especially nice for exfoiliating hands and feet and moisturizing dry skin.
- Rinse with cool water in shower or bath.
- NOTE: Keep scrub off cuts and scrapes, as the salt will sting.
- Shower floor may become slippery as oil washes off, so be careful!