Recipe by karen in tbay
This recipe found on a herb/craft talk forum. Posting for request for lavender uses.Guessing at quantity as recipe not tried.
Top Review by *Marli*
Wow! I've never had so much fun with one bar of soap! I also adapted this recipe & made grapefruit soap, by ommiting the lavender flowers & substituting grapefruit oil & yellow food clouring.
- 113.39 g unperfumed white bath soap, grated
- 73.94 ml water
- 44.37 ml lavender flowers, ground in food processor
- 0.06-0.13 ml lavender oil
- 0.06 ml food coloring (optional)
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- For the cardboard tubes you can make these using white cardboard and masking tape- tape up one end well, so the mixture doesn't run out.
- Place the soap and water in a large bowl and place in the microwave on high 2-3 mins (or melt over a pan of simmering water) Stir the mixture and add the lavender, oil and color if using.
- Mix well.
- Using a funnel pout the mixture into the tubes, standing upright til soap sets about 2-3 hours Remove the mold and cut the soap diagonally into short sticks.
- Polish with few drops of vegetable oil on a soft cloth Great gift ideas- Wrap in bundles with organza ribbon and a silk flower hot glued to middle of bow.