Recipe by COOKGIRl
An "herbivore's" dream! From lavernderfarms.net. (A bread machine comes in very handy for preparing the dough.) Try a variety of imported specialty olives!
- 1 lb fresh bread dough or 1 lb fresh pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pitted & chopped imported black olives (I used a combination of kalamata and nicoise)
- 2 teaspoons chopped lavender buds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet. On a floured work surface, roll pizza dough out into an 8 x 14 rectangle.
- Transfer dough to prepared baking sheet and cover with a clean tea towel.
- Let rise at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees.
- After final rising on baking sheet, make dimples in dough with finger tips.
- Brush on a mixture of the olive oil; lavender, rosemary and garlic. Top with the chopped olives.
- Press into place, sprinkle with the kosher salt & black pepper to taste.
- Bake approximately 12–15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Note: Prep does not include preparing the bread dough.