Prep 10 hrs
Cook 24 mins
Use to Drizzle down a cake or cookies. The cook time is the infusing time. This is great on cookies for ones that are ill. Because lavender is known for it's relaxing quality! Your choice to sift out the flowers or leave them in. You can top the icing with fresh buds as a garnish.
- 2 tablespoons fresh sundried lavender flowers
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -4 teaspoons rose water
- 4 drops red food coloring or 4 drops lavendar food coloring (or more)
- Mix 1 or 2 tablespoons lavender with 1 cup powdered sugar in a zip lock bag.
- Let stand for 24 hours.
- In a bowl combine 1 cup powdered sugar-lavender combination,and rose water.
- Stir well.
- Add more if needed.
- Color with red or lavender food color.
ellie, i found rosewater in an asian shop, you might try, as lebanese use it in many of their recipes. sunny ( australia)
I made this icing as is. The lavender and rose were in perfect harmony with each other.I tinted it a lovely lavender colour.
This smells so good and is delicious on top of lavender pound cake Lavender Pound Cake. I skipped the rose water (couldn't find it) and used regular tap water with delicious results. Thanks for sharing!