1/1 Photo of Lavender Roasted Beets
From The Lavender Cookbook by Sharon Shipley. Try different varieties and colors of beets. I left the beets unpeeled but scrubbed them well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium beet, with 1 inch of stems remaining
- 5 -6 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary provence' lavender buds, finely ground in a spice grinder plus 1/2 teaspoon dried culinary provence' lavender buds, finely gr
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1Preheat oven to 375º F.
- 2Place the beets and garlic on a large sheet of foil and sprinkle with ¼ cup of the oil and 1 tablespoon of the lavender; toss to combine. Fold up the foil to make a sealed packet. Place on a baking sheet.
- 3Roast for 30 to 45 minutes, or until tender when tested with a sharp knife. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Slip off the skins.
- 4Cut the beets into quarters and place in a large skillet. Peel the garlic and mach. Add the garlic to the beets.
- 5Stir in the lemon juice, the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and the remaining ½ teaspoon lavender. Season with salt and pepper. Warm through over medium heat.
- 6Sprinkle with the parsley and garnish with the lemon zest.
- 7Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Roasted Beets
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: