Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook72 hrs 5 mins
This is a great punch recipe for parties. It's a great hit whenever I serve it at parties potlucks, etc.
- Base for punch may be done up day ahead and stored in container in refrigerator overnight.
- In saucepan combine water, cinnamon, cloves, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Strain out spices.
- Combine grape and lime juices and mix well.
- Just before serving, pour over ice block in a punch bowl.
- Add ginger ale Garnish with grapes hanging partly over the edge of the punch bowl.
- ICE BLOCKS Make about 2 or 3 days prior so they'll be frozen solid.
- You can use any plastic container to make ice blocks up as long as the block will fit into your punch bowl.
- I save my margarine, yogurt or ice cream containers to make ice blocks with as they work great.
- Partly freeze 1/2 the container with water or ginger ale.
- Add garnishes (e.g. thinly sliced lemon/lime or oranges, whole maraschino cherries, grapes, etc).
- Fill container with water or ginger ale.
- Freeze until solid.
I chose this punch recipe to serve at my daughter's confirmation party because it sounded unique. It was actually very easy to make, and I received rave reviews. It is elegant and refreshing...exactly what I wanted. FYI: The color is not exactly lavender...it's more of a red grape color.
this recipe is a good drink