Recipe by COOKGIRl
This recipe comes from the Sawmill Lavender Farm in Oregon. I like to serve the pound cake in the summertime with a pitcher of iced tea that includes lemon verbena leaves!
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Very easy cake, and so delicious! I used my gluten free cake flour and halved the recipe - yes, I used 2 1/2 eggs. Also I halved the sugar - I do that with all cake recipes, just personal preference. There were some air bubbles in the cake because I forgot to slam the tin onto the counter to remove them before baking LOL But that just affects the picture, not the taste, it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Made for CQ 2014
- 1⁄2 lb sweet butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers, rinsed and crushed*
- 5 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan. Cream butter and sugar gradually until fluffy.
- Add flour slowly to creamed mixture. Blend well.
- Add lavender. Then add eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cover top with aluminum foil and bake another 30 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove from bundt pan and cool on wire rack. Once cooled, invert bundt pan onto serving platter or cake pan. Garnish with fresh lavender stems if desired.
- I like to serve this pound cake with real vanilla ice cream!
- * NOTE: I tested using 3 tablespoons of lavender one time in this recipe and I wouldn't recommend it.