Recipe by Rita~
You can ice with my recipe for lavender icing! You all have just got to grow lavender! This is a cake that is on the dry side but very good if you want go ahead and pour some of this (OPTIONAL)syrup on it Moisten & Flavor the Cake With This Simple Syrup Moisten & Flavor the Cake With This Simple Syrup. You have your choice of flavors but I would go with the lavender!
Top Review by Just Janie
Cake had ggod texture but I think there could have been more lavender to provide a more distinct flavor. I made it at work, and customers liked it. I frosted it with lavnder colored frosting and sprinkled little frest blooms on top. Very pretty
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and lightly flour a 13x9x2" baking pan.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- On low speed, add cake flour alternately with milk.
- Beat in baking powder and vanilla.
- Beat in lavender flowers.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees, until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out on to a pretty platter and cool completely.