1/1 Photo of Lavender Pickled Beets
1 hr 30 mins
An abundance of Lavender in full bloom and beets bursting from the earth! Why not combine to two to make pickled beets, preserving them for enjoyment throughout the year. Do use pesticide free/organic grown lavender, thyme and beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim off beet tops, leaving 1 inch of stem and roots to prevent bleeding of color. Wash thoroughly. Sort for size. Cover similar sizes together with boiling water and cook until tender (about 30 minutes). Drain and discard liquid. Cool beets.
- 2Trim off roots and stems and slip off skins. Slice into 1/4-inch slices.
- 3Combine vinegar, salt, sugar, and fresh water.
- 4Add lavender and thyme to vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil. Add beets and onions. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove lavender and thyme it`s fine if the flower heads release in the mixture. If you want you can tie them into a tea steeper or cheesecloth. Fill jars with beets and onions, leaving 1/2-inch head-space. Add hot vinegar solution, allowing 1/2-inch head-space.
- 6Recommended process time for pickled beets in a boiling-water canner.
- 7Altitudes of.
- 80 - 1,000 ft - 30 minutes.
- 91,001 - 3,000 ft - 35 minutes.
- 103,001 - 6,000 ft - 40 minutes.
- 11Above 6,000 ft - 45 minutes.
- 12After the process is complete, turn off the heat and remove the canner lid. Wait five minutes before removing jars.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Pickled Beets
Serving Size: 1 (5458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 748.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 83.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs