Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can be added to sparkling water, champagne or a punch for a delicious beverage. Or poured over fruit, pound cake or pancakes. add powdered sugar for a nice glaze over cookies or cakes. Bottled to give as beautiful gifts.
- 1 cup water (or rosewater)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2-1 cup lavender, petals fresh edible
- 2 -4 drops food coloring
- Boil all ingredients for ten minutes, or until thickened into syrup. Add food coloring of choice.
- Strain through a filter into a clean glass jar.
- Keeps up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
I used raw sugar, lavender tea, and dried lavender, and the syrup is exquisite.
Made this to use in another recipe requiring rose syrup, & it worked very well! Used what I needed there, then took a hint from Sharon's review & added the rest to some ice tea! Thanks, much!
This was easy to make! I didn't have food coloring so added about a tbls. of grape jelly to give it a light pink color. I put this in some lemonade and will add it to my iced tea too! Thanks Rita!