Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Soothing Lavender is a herb that has calming effects that helps relieve stress, fatigue, headache and insomnia. Drink a cup of Lavender tea before bed is known to promote restful sleep.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon dried mint or 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- honey, to sweeten- (optional)
- lavender, sprigs
- Pour water over herbs steep for 3-5 minutes then strain.
- Sweeten with honey if you like.
- Serve warm with Optional lemon.
- Chill and serve over ice with fresh lemon.
I made this last night with the intent of drinking it when I returned from yoga. Well, I forgot about it! It sat in the fridge all night, so my iced drink was rather strong, but in a good way. I had it with my lunch today. :) Very refreshing! Next time I'd like a strainer to filter out the blossoms and dried mint. I had floaties. lol.
Looking for yet another use for the pineapple mint in my garden and found this. What a wonderfully soothing beverage, tasty and fresh! Enjoyed it so much I decided to make a pitcher for handy refills. Thanks, Rita!
This was really good. I bought a peppermint plant & wanted a way to use some of it. I also had some dried lavender flowers. What a refreshing way to use them. Thanks.