Recipe by Brianna Storer
After finding that I had lavender growing at my new home, I just had to use it in something! Here's what I came up with. The simple syrup is really yummy used to sweeten tea as well.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender blossoms
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 lbs strawberries, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cups grapes
- 5 oranges, sectioned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 3 kiwi fruits, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- To make simple syrup, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Add lavender and mint. Cover and steep 30 minutes. Strain and chill until needed. Keeps up to one month refrigerated.
- Combine fruit, lime juice, lime zest and syrup to taste.
- Chill two to three hours to allow flavors to meld.