1/3 Photos of Lavender-Marinated Leg of Lamb
1 hr 10 mins
From Food & Wine's website. I wanted to use my lavender and I love lamb so this caught my eye. The blurb on the recipe says to try to butterfly the lamb so it's about the same thickness all over and will cook evenly on the grill or have the butcher do it for you. The lamb is marinated overnight, so plan accordingly. Time doesn't reflect marination time. Serve with roasted tomato halves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2267.96 g leg of lamb, butterflied, trimmed
- 4 anchovy fillets, cut crosswise into 24 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, each cut into 6 slices and halved lengthwise
- 9.85 ml rosemary, minced
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 59.14 ml dry white wine
- 14.79 ml dried lavender, for cooking
- black pepper, freshly ground
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1Using a small, sharp knife, make 24 incisions all over the lamb.
- 2Stuff each incision with a piece of anchovy and garlic and a pinch of the rosemary.
- 3In a roasting pan, combine the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the wine and lavender.
- 4Add the lamb and coat well.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Light a grill. Bring the lamb to room temperature and season with salt and pepper.
- 7Grill the lamb over a moderately low fire for about 40 minutes, or until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 125 degrees for medium rare.
- 8Transfer the lamb to a carving board and cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing it.
- 9Serve with lemon wedges and additional olive oil.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender-Marinated Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.1
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 191.6 mg
- Sodium 235.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 53.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: