Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Food & Wine's website. I wanted to use my lavender and I love lamb so this caught my eye. The blurb on the recipe says to try to butterfly the lamb so it's about the same thickness all over and will cook evenly on the grill or have the butcher do it for you. The lamb is marinated overnight, so plan accordingly. Time doesn't reflect marination time. Serve with roasted tomato halves.
- 1 (5 lb) leg of lamb, butterflied, trimmed
- 4 anchovy fillets, cut crosswise into 24 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, each cut into 6 slices and halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender, for cooking
- black pepper, freshly ground
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Using a small, sharp knife, make 24 incisions all over the lamb.
- Stuff each incision with a piece of anchovy and garlic and a pinch of the rosemary.
- In a roasting pan, combine the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the wine and lavender.
- Add the lamb and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Light a grill. Bring the lamb to room temperature and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lamb over a moderately low fire for about 40 minutes, or until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 125 degrees for medium rare.
- Transfer the lamb to a carving board and cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing it.
- Serve with lemon wedges and additional olive oil.
Very good. Close to my Recipe #61191. I did mash the anchovies for my family hates them. Little they know. Just love rosemary with lavender. Didn`t need any additional olive oil. Thanks!