Recipe by COOKGIRl
This is the first recipe I've come across with lavender and lime in combination. From jardindusoleil.com. Refreshing!
Top Review by jill_turner25_12916772
FABULOUS! We liked it as written but, on a whim, I added a shot of tequila one night and it was great. The following nights I tried rum and vodka and it worked with them all! Even my husband, who is a staunch wine drinker, loved it and wanted his own drink. I think adding some mint along with rum would be very mojito-ish. This would be a wonderful base mix when entertaining as people could add the liquor of their choice...
- 6 cups water
- 1 3⁄4 cups superfine sugar (read *NOTE)
- 1⁄4 cup dried lavender or 1⁄4 cup fresh lavender flowers
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 8 limes)
- lime slice, thinly cut
- lavender flowers
Directions See How It's Made
- *NOTE: To make your own superfine sugar, place the granulated sugar in a blender and whirl until the grains are very small but not powdery.
- SIMPLE SYRUP: In a 2 quart saucepan, combine 2 cups water, superfine sugar, lavender and lime zest.
- Bring mixture to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat and let syrup stand for 10 minutes. Strain and discard lavender.
- LIMEADE: In large pitcher, stir together the simple syrup, lime juice and the remaining 4 cups water.
- Serve over ice, with lime slice as a garnish.
- For presentation, float a sprig of lavender on top of each serving.
- Yield is estimated.