Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A flavorful lavender infused lemonade with a kick! (cook time is cooling time)
Make and share this Lavender Lemonade for Adults! recipe from Food.com.
- 1182.95 ml water, divided
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 12 sprig lavender (with open flowers)
- 591.47 ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 15 lemons)
- 236.59 ml vodka
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Add lavender stems and remove from heat.
- Cover the pot and allow mixture to cool about 10 minutes.
- Remove lavender stems from syrup and strain syrup to remove small pieces of flower.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, remaining water and lavender syrup and stir well. Chill for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Add vodka and stir. Serve over ice in tall glasses, garnished with lemon slices.
I made a batch this afternoon as a trial run for company. one of the couple coming prefers no alcohol so I had two small glasses. One with the rum (not a big vodka fan) and one without. I couldn't fine any fault with either version. Love the lavender addition. This makes a special lemonade that without the booze can be enjoyed by those to young to drink or anyone who would prefer not to. Simple make 2 batches. :D
Wow, the lavender really adds a lovely touch to this adult lemonade drink. The lemonade packs a citrus punch yet offers a whisper of piney sweetness from the lavender. My culinary lavender has just started to bloom and is only gaining strength in its flavor buds, so I can imagine how wonderfully pleasing the drinks will be in the next few days as the new budding lavender blooms mature. Thanks, mikekey. Made for "Please Review My Recipe" tag game.
I will be making this again and again! used dried organic lavender flowers, and it was so good on a hot day when i needed a drink or two.