Recipe by Outta Here
A flavorful lavender infused lemonade with a kick! (cook time is cooling time)
Top Review by Annacia
I made a batch this afternoon as a trial run for company. one of the couple coming prefers no alcohol so I had two small glasses. One with the rum (not a big vodka fan) and one without. I couldn't fine any fault with either version. Love the lavender addition. This makes a special lemonade that without the booze can be enjoyed by those to young to drink or anyone who would prefer not to. Simple make 2 batches. :D
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 sprigs lavender (with open flowers)
- 2 1⁄2 cups lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 15 lemons)
- 1 cup vodka
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Add lavender stems and remove from heat.
- Cover the pot and allow mixture to cool about 10 minutes.
- Remove lavender stems from syrup and strain syrup to remove small pieces of flower.
- In a large pitcher, combine lemon juice, remaining water and lavender syrup and stir well. Chill for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
- Add vodka and stir. Serve over ice in tall glasses, garnished with lemon slices.