Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm posting this for my mother, who adores anything lavender. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious and refreshing.
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 gallon cold water
- 1⁄4 cup dried lavender blossoms
- 2 cups boiling water
- mint or lemon balm, sprigs,to garnish
- Combine the frozen lemonade concentrate with cold water, mixing well.
- Steep lavender in boiling water for 10 minutes; strain lavender blossoms from boiling water and discard.
- Combine remaining lavender concentrate with prepared lemonade.
- Chill well; garnish with a mint or lemon balm sprig.
Very good! I would like to try this with homemade lemonade too...or even iced tea.
I used fresh lavender, so used a little more, but think I got too much, as the lavender flavor overpowered the lemon I made fresh lemonade). I salvaged my mistake by combining with a quart of strong tea to end up with a flavored iced tea which was pretty good. My DDs did not care for the lavender flavor, but I think I would like to try it again, adding the lavender infusion only to taste. As a side benefit, making the lavender infusion made my house smell wonderful.
You're right, Kree! This lemonade is delicious and refreshing but you failed to mention how beautiful the color of the lemonade is with the infused lavender blossoms. What a lovely shade of light purple (lavender!) I used a little bit more lavender because I used fresh instead of dried blooms. For garnish- fresh lemon verbena leaves. Thank you for sharing this delightful yet simple lemonaderecipe. I could hardly wait for sunny weather to try this! cg