Recipe by spiritussancto
this turned out amazing! i swiped the recipe off theanticraft.com and adjusted slightly. we added a bit of vanilla vodka (not too much or it overwhelms the flavors) and renamed it "the midsummer night's tasty" this tastes like liquid summer!
- 1⁄4 cup lavender flowers (be sure to buy edible grade from a health food store, same goes for the hibiscus if using)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup honey
- 8 cups water (could also substitute the cold half for club soda)
- 1⁄3 cup dried hibiscus flowers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil and remove from heat.
- If using hibiscus, add it now and steep for 5 minutes. Remove hibiscus.
- Add lavender and sweetener, stir well. let steep for an hour. At first the liquid will be greenish, but after the hour has passed it should be slightly purple.
- Strain liquid into an appropriately sized pitcher to remove all solids.
- Add lemon juice; stir well. Color changing Kool-Aid has nothing on this—when you add the lemon juice the lavender water changes from dull purple to vivid pink!
- Add the remaining 4 cups of water (or club soda) and some ice (or chill if you don't want to dilute).
- Serve chilled with lemon garnish.