Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
My dear friend --Rita-- recently sent me some wonderful lavender so I wanted to find some really great recipes to showcase this treat! This one hits the spot! Plan ahead though because this needs time to cool!
Top Review by Boomette
This was my first time doing a sorbet. I used 3 teaspoon of lavender. But I think 3 teaspoon was too much for us. If I try it again I may use 1 1/2 tsp or 2. The taste of lavender and lemon are great together :) Thanks Hope. Made for Beverage tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Strain mixture and pour into an ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Note: I read Rita's review of another Lavender Sorbet and learned that she used ice cubes to create the sorbet. You can try that here if you like, reducing the water by half and chilling the cooked mixture. Then add ice cubes and blend. Add more cubes if you think it needs it. If you try this method please let me know so I can give more accurate directions. Thanks!