Prep 30 mins
Cook 21 mins
In ‘750 Best Muffin Recipes’ by Camilla Saulsbury
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried lavender
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a food processor, process sugar, lemon zest and lavender until lavender is finely chopped.
- Transfer 2 T to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining lavender mixture, egg, buttermilk and oil until well blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 17-21 minutes or until tops are light golden and a pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan or a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack.
- Brush warm muffin tops with butter and sprinkle with reserved lavender mixture; let cool.