1/1 Photo of Lavender Lemon Cupcakes (With Icing)
I have always loved the smell of Lavender,but had never entertained the thought of cooking with them! When I saw this recipe, I just had to make them. They taste as good as they smell! They are so elegant, and you will think so too. Paired with a nice cup of tea or coffee, they're a sure winner and a favorite of yours for sure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender blossoms, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1Directions for the lavender lemon cupcakes:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F and place cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan. To make the batter, whisk together flour, lavender, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon juice, and zest. Beat in one-third of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in half the buttermilk, followed by another third of the flour, then the remaining buttermilk and flour.
- 4Fill cupcake liners about two-thirds of the way up and bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5To make the icing: stir together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in zest. Drizzle over cupcakes and garnish with lavender. (Let frosting set for 30 minutes before packing or serving.) Serve right away or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Lemon Cupcakes (With Icing)
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.5
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 96.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms