Recipe by FLUFFSTER
I have always loved the smell of Lavender,but had never entertained the thought of cooking with them! When I saw this recipe, I just had to make them. They taste as good as they smell! They are so elegant, and you will think so too. Paired with a nice cup of tea or coffee, they're a sure winner and a favorite of yours for sure.
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried lavender blossoms, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup loosely packed confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- fresh lavender buds (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Directions for the lavender lemon cupcakes:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan. To make the batter, whisk together flour, lavender, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lemon juice, and zest. Beat in one-third of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in half the buttermilk, followed by another third of the flour, then the remaining buttermilk and flour.
- Fill cupcake liners about two-thirds of the way up and bake for 24 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the icing: stir together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in zest. Drizzle over cupcakes and garnish with lavender. (Let frosting set for 30 minutes before packing or serving.) Serve right away or store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days.