Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A hint of Lavender and lemon peel in the crust makes these treats a favorite. The recipe comes from Backyard living
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar (Powdered)
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar; Add the flour, almonds, lavender and lemon peel; beat until crumbly.
- Pat into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish; bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in another small mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs and lemon juice; beat until frothy; pour over HOT crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown; cool on wire rack, dust with powdered sugar; refrigerated leftovers.
GOOD FOR THE SOUL! This is so my type of dessert! I made this in the food processor with the metal blade, starting with the butter and sugar adding whole almonds following with the rest of the crust ingredients. Then the topping I mixed in the blender. This is a quick prep dessert. I did sub the lemon for lime and added lime zest. Also used Lavender Sugar With Vanilla recipe #101039 in place of the topping sugar. Thanks for posting!
Refined, light & lovely. Most importantly: DELICIOUS! So, so good. Next time, I am going to play with the crust to topping ratio (doubling the topping). Thank you, Barb, for a gorgeous recipe. -Kari
Perfect. Prepared exactly as written. Used a pestle and mortar to crush the dried lavender.
Thank you. I've been planning to make this recipe for a long time. I hope to make these bars again soon before summer's over and substitute lime for lemon. Originally reviewed 8 August, 2010 but no star rating was showing.