Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A hint of Lavender and lemon peel in the crust makes these treats a favorite. The recipe comes from Backyard living
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons lavender flowers, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar (Powdered)
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar; Add the flour, almonds, lavender and lemon peel; beat until crumbly.
- Pat into an ungreased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish; bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in another small mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking soda, eggs and lemon juice; beat until frothy; pour over HOT crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown; cool on wire rack, dust with powdered sugar; refrigerated leftovers.
GOOD FOR THE SOUL! This is so my type of dessert! I made this in the food processor with the metal blade, starting with the butter and sugar adding whole almonds following with the rest of the crust ingredients. Then the topping I mixed in the blender. This is a quick prep dessert. I did sub the lemon for lime and added lime zest. Also used Lavender Sugar With Vanilla Lavender Sugar With Vanilla in place of the topping sugar. Thanks for posting!
Refined, light & lovely. Most importantly: DELICIOUS! So, so good. Next time, I am going to play with the crust to topping ratio (doubling the topping). Thank you, Barb, for a gorgeous recipe. -Kari
Perfect. Prepared exactly as written. Used a pestle and mortar to crush the dried lavender.
Thank you. I've been planning to make this recipe for a long time. I hope to make these bars again soon before summer's over and substitute lime for lemon. Originally reviewed 8 August, 2010 but no star rating was showing.