1/5 Photos of Lavender Jelly With Chamomile
What a beautiful gift! Having trouble sleeping give this a try. Add to a cup of tea, glass of ice tea, lemonade, sauces, salad dressing, glaze a chicken or salmon, top a fruit tart, or spread on a scone for a delicate sweet flavor. Sweeten a vodka martini with a touch of this and garnish with fresh lavender. Take note: 2 minutes - soft gel which would make this great for easy dissolving into ice teas lemonades.... 4 minutes - medium gel for spreading on anything you desire.
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sterilize jars and keep them hot.
- 2Pour boiling water over lavender and let steep for 15 minutes add tea bag for five. If not adding chamomile steep lavender for full 20 minutes.
- 3Strain tea into saucepan.
- 4Stir in 1 1/2 cups additional water, sugar, lemon juice and coloring.
- 5Heat to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- 6Pour in pectin and return to a boil.
- 7Boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- 9I add back a couple of lavender buds.
- 10Just so you can see them in the jar.
- 11Pour into hot jars or glasses to 1/2 inch of tops.
- 12Wipe rims with a sterile cloth.
- 13Screw on tops.
- 14Place in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- 15Let sit in pot 5 more minutes with flame off.
- 16Remove and place in a draft free spot with out tilting.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Jelly With Chamomile
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 40
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms