What a beautiful gift! Having trouble sleeping give this a try. Add to a cup of tea, glass of ice tea, lemonade, sauces, salad dressing, glaze a chicken or salmon, top a fruit tart, or spread on a scone for a delicate sweet flavor. Sweeten a vodka martini with a touch of this and garnish with fresh lavender. Take note: 2 minutes - soft gel which would make this great for easy dissolving into ice teas lemonades.... 4 minutes - medium gel for spreading on anything you desire.
- Sterilize jars and keep them hot.
- Pour boiling water over lavender and let steep for 15 minutes add tea bag for five. If not adding chamomile steep lavender for full 20 minutes.
- Strain tea into saucepan.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups additional water, sugar, lemon juice and coloring.
- Heat to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in pectin and return to a boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- I add back a couple of lavender buds.
- Just so you can see them in the jar.
- Pour into hot jars or glasses to 1/2 inch of tops.
- Wipe rims with a sterile cloth.
- Screw on tops.
- Place in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Let sit in pot 5 more minutes with flame off.
- Remove and place in a draft free spot with out tilting.