1/1 Photo of Lavender Jelly
A beautiful lavender jelly that will awaken your senses and delight your tastebuds with pleasure! Wonderful served at Afternoon or High tea with scones, puddings, or cream. It can also be served as an unusual accompaniment to meats, such as lamb or poultry. Or serve as a topping over brie cheese as an appetizer. The sky is the limit!
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan over high heat bring water just to a boil.
- 2Remove from heat and stir in dried lavender flowers. Cover and let steep for 20 minutes.
- 3After 20 minutes, strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a deep kettle or pot, discarding the lavender flowers.
- 4Stir in lemon juice and pectin; continue stirring until the pectin is thoroughly dissolved.
- 5Over high heat, bring the mixture to a hard rolling boil (a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down).
- 6Add sugar. When the jelly solution returns to a hard rolling boil, let it boil for 2 to 4 minutes (see below), stirring occasionally.
- 7Boil Times:.
- 82 minutes - soft gel.
- 94 minutes - medium gel.
- 10Testing for "jell" (thickness - I keep a metal tablespoon sitting in a glass of ice water, then take a half spoonful of the mix and let it cool to room temperature on the spoon. If it thickens up to the consistency I like, then I know the jelly is ready. If not, I mix in a little more pectin (about 1 teaspoon to 1/2 of another package) and bring it to a boil again for 1 minute.
- 11After boiling, transfer the jelly into hot sterilized jars. Fill them to within 1/4 inch of the top, wipe any spilled jam off the top, seat the lid and tighten the ring around them.
- 12Process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Remove jars to wire rack and let cool before serving.
- 13Makes five 1/2 pints.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavender Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.8
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 159.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: